Sunday, November 15, 2009

"photolusion" unedited

image taken with Canon PowerShot A520

1.mirror image: 11/13/09; 3:30 pm; Rexburg; f 3.2; 1/20

I had a really hard time trying to think of what to do for this picture. I looked at images on google for a long time just trying to get some ideas. I brought a mirror out to my living room to play around with and when I stepped back and was looking at it trying to figure out what to do, I could only see up to my neck and suddenly had the idea to pose someone in the mirror so you could see their body, and then have someone behind the mirror whose head would match up to the image of their body in the mirror. This was the result. I adjusted the levels in this image, applied a black and white adjustment layer, used a layer mask to mask out the mirror part of the picture and added a sepia photo filter.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe this was a straight shot when I first saw it (of course besides the color changes). That's super creative and it looks like it turned out how you intended it to. Nice work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that is a great unedited photo... who is the 2nd person in it? Kudos... that is a really great one I have to admit. Like Breanna I did not believe this was a straight shot when I saw it. I think the photo filter made me think that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I seriously did a double take. Great job, great idea, great execution. I am way impressed that this was unedited.

    ReplyDelete