Sunday, September 20, 2009

color study in yellow

all images taken with Canon PowerShot A520

1.sunflower: 9/18/09; 4:30 pm; Rexburg; f 4.5; 1/1250
2.shoes: 9/18/09; 4:40 pm; Rexburg; f 3.5; 1/500
3.truck: 9/18/09; 4:25 pm; Rexburg; f 2.6; 1/1250
4.blossoms: 9/18/09; 4:45 pm; Rexburg; f 3.5; 1/1250

It took me awhile to decide what color I wanted to focus on, but after a few days of admiring some gorgeous sunflowers by my apartment and spotting a bright yellow truck in my complex parking lot shortly thereafter, it became clear that yellow would provide for some vibrant and lively shots. I really like the shadows in #2 and the different shades of yellow they bring out in the shoes. I was also really pleased with the shallow depth of field in #4 where the yellow flowers got blurred in the background and made for a nice effect. Number 1 was originally a little darker so I lightened it a bit, and if you'll notice there is a bee (sick) right in the middle of the flower.






2 comments:

  1. I really like the perspective of the the 2nd photo here. You are right about the shades of yellow really bring out the shoes. I really like the shadows in that photo a lot. They give a continuation of shape that is found in the grasses who's colors bring out the yellow of your shoes. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love the color you choose! Yellow can make for some great pictures! I like the sunflower picture and the last picture a lot. I like how you didn't just center the sunflower but you got it at a cool angle. I like the last one because of the focus. Your main color is out of focus, yet it still pops out to the eye. Beautiful!

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete