Sunday, September 27, 2009

landscape

all images taken with Canon PowerShot A520

1.red barn: 9/26/09; 4:32 pm; Idaho Falls; f 8.0; 1/400
2.wooden fence post: 9/26/09; 4:30 pm; Idaho Falls; f 3.5; 1/1000
3.the gardens: 9/23/09; 6:20 pm; Rexburg; f 2.6; 1/80
4.bridge: 9/23/09; 6:30 pm; Rexburg; f 3.5; 1/80

I wasn't sure where to go to take my landscape shots so I started in the gardens. I took quite a few pictures there but only came out with a handful that I actually liked. A few days later, I was in Idaho Falls and took advantage of the opportunity to shoot some pictures of this red barn I am in love with. I have seen it before and I think it is such a pretty scene. I noticed on the wooden fence between me and the barn that there was one fence post that had a greenish tint, which I thought was really cool so I tried a macro landscape effect with that as my focus. The brightness and saturation was raised slightly in all of these pictures.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the third and fourth image. You really captured the light well. The first and second images are a little bright but you achieved some nice lines. Good job getting the color of the sky. Next time, instead of increasing the brightness you might want to try adjusting the levels to make sure you don't lose any of the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your New York pictures! The edited one looks great! Your grunge picture is also interesting to look at with strong lines and angles.
    Your last picture is so pretty! I love how you caught the sun on the branches. The lighting looks great!
    Next time, try moving the subject (the bridge) over to the third line or coming at it from high up or down low. Try angling your camera and see what those shots do.
    Keep up the great work! Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cid, your pictures blow me away. great job. I love the grunge. I was with you when you took that photo!
    Of the first two for this group of four, I like the first one. i think the poles are kinda cool cause they're right on the 1/3 line, but I guess I'd rather see a house than a wood fence.
    The lighting on picture three is amazing. The angle's really good too, I would want a little more color though in the sky.
    This fourth one is by far my favorite of the garden ones. With the angle you took that bridge at, I hardly can recognize you got it from the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were all really pretty photos. I think that composition wise they were really well done. I would play with the saturation to really bring the colors out and then maybe even add some shadow in these photos. I love the third one and the way you captured the sun, beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete