Sunday, September 27, 2009

text

all images taken with Canon PowerShot A520

1.sky unedited: 8/25/07; 1:45 pm; New York City; f 5.0; 1/1000
2.street unedited: 8/25/07; 1:30 pm; New York City; f 2.6; 1/160
3.NYC edited: increased saturation; color overlay of light yellow, reduced opacity; picture overlay of cabs on the street, reduced opacity; added text and changed layer blend mode to “color burn”; finished with black brush tool on layer mask over text to make splotchy effect

The two pictures I used in this piece were both taken a couple years ago in New York City. It was fun to finally do something cool with some of the pictures I took from that trip. I enjoyed trying a couple different things with my text in this picture, but this way was my favorite of all the little text effects that I tried.











4 comments:

  1. Great job blending the image. The only critique I would have for you is maybe to make the text a little bigger. It's not very noticeable the way it is. Did you take the pictures yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this one blows me away. Looking at my font one, you could tell I pretty much just did a tutorial. Your's looks pro, it looks like a real advertizment. I'd maybe try and see how mixing your first photo looks with other photos. You might be able to find a better picture than the second one you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I never would have thought of putting the two pictures together but it looks great. I like the text you used and where it is placed. The only suggestion I could even think of is to zoom in one one of the taxi cabs in the second shot and then blend them. It may give it a simpler look and less for the eye to compete with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love New York City, it is suck a neat place. Both shots were very good and I think they captured the spirit of New York well. I would have liked to see the street scene a little more in the final image though because at first glance i couldn't tell what it was. Other than that I really liked it, I would have never thought of combining those images.

    ReplyDelete