Sunday, September 27, 2009

grunge

all images taken with Canon PowerShot A520

1.flower unedited: 8/25/07; 9:40 am; New York City; f 5.5; 1/100
2.texture unedited: 9/23/09; 6:15 pm; Rexburg; f 2.6; 1/60
3.grunge flower edited: color overlay of rust brown, reduced opacity; pulled pixels from green channel of the texture picture and dropped them over the image, reduced opacity; added a levels layer and changed layer blend mode to “hard light,” reduced opacity

I love this picture. It is also from my trip to New York City a couple years ago. My texture picture I took of a rock from the gardens when I was shooting landscape shots. I love the effect of the texture overlay with the original image and am thrilled that this is something I now know how to do. I didn't realize how easy it was to get such a nice effect!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the images you used. The flower really sets a contrast to the alley. However, to make the image look even more like it's antique, you could use a rust red color and overlay it on the background. It would really add to the grungy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your grungy rock texture looks on your NYC shot. I also like how you blended the other NYC images and added the nice subtle, smaller text. Keep up the good work. It is fun to read what you write, and it makes me happy you are learning something new!

    ReplyDelete