Sunday, October 25, 2009

portraits

all images taken with Canon PowerShot A520

1.michael: 10/23/09; 3:05 pm; Rexburg; f 2.6; 1/320
2.michael 2: 10/23/09; 3:15 pm; Rexburg; f 3.5; 1/250
3.sheryl: 10/23/09; 10:00 pm; Rexburg; f 4.0; 1/60
4.emily: 8/12/09; 8:00 pm; Star Valley; f 2.6; 1/250

I think I definitely struggle with portraits and group shots—I especially hate having to tell people how to pose, that is something that is really hard for me. Other than that, I enjoyed the practice for this assignment. I took a bunch of pictures of Michael trying to get a few that I was proud of. I also followed my roommates around at the Masquerade Ball on Friday night trying to get a couple of decent shots and ended up with one (number 3) that I really liked a lot. My last portrait is from a little bridals photo shot I had with my cousin this summer a couple days before she got married and that was my absolute favorite of all the ones I took of her. That is one portrait I am really proud of. The levels and saturation were adjusted a little bit in each of these.

















4 comments:

  1. I love your photos in this order: michael, emily, michael 2. Sheryl is good too but I Love the other three. The angels are really good and I love the contrast on the photo of emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your portraits turned out so well that I have a hard time understanding why you say that they are a struggle for you. My favorite is the one of Emily. Wow! You did an amazing job! I also really like the first one of Michael. I think that you did a great job of keeping them original. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lines look so good in the first one. And I really like the tree and the leaves on the second one. Good angles on the other two. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These images turned out great (along with the other post for the week). All the white in the wedding dress photo makes the important parts pop and Michael does a great job hamming it up.

    (Side note, happy you found my Einstein presentation humorous, I was slightly worried that people would find it a bit weird and overboard. Have a great day and I hope you're enjoying the daily photo assignment.

    ReplyDelete